Vice - Chancellor
Dr. CHANDRAKANT KOKATE. M.Pharm, Ph.D , FGAES
The search for a right person to be the first Vice-Chancellor of the KLE University ended with Prof. (Dr.) Chandrakant Kokate who had rich experience of being the Vice-Chancellor of two State Universities viz. Kakatiya University, Warangal, and Nagarjuna University, Guntur, both located in AP. He was President of Pharmacy Council of India for two terms and has also served on various national level committees of NAAC, UGC, and MHRD, of Govt. of India. He has a vision of taking KLE University to greater heights and under his guidance KLE University has undertaken a developmental plan of the University with a long term perspective known as ‘VISION 2020’ which while encompassing our inherent values, will address the needs of changing times to enable us to become the torch bearers of in the field of comprehensive quality education.
- B.Pharm-1967, Nagpur University.
- M.Pharm-1969, University of Saugar, (Gold Medal)
- Ph.D-1972, (Pharm. Sci.)
- Post Doctoral Research at Bundesanstalt Fuer Fett Forschung, Germany
- Visiting Scientist in Germany (1986) on invitation by DAAD.
- Chairman, All Indian Board of Pharmacy, AICTE.
- Member, National Fee Committee and High Power Committees of AICTE.
- President, Indian Society of Pharmacognosy.
- Vice-Chancellor, Kakatiya University, Warangal, A. P.
- President, Pharmacy Council of India.
- President, 50th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress along with Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA).
- National President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association
- Vice-Chancellor (FAC), Nagarjuna University, Guntur, A.P.
- Member, Drugs Technical Advisory Board, Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Govt. of India
FIRST PHARMACIST IN THE COUNTRY O BECOME:
- Vice-Chancellor of an Indian University
- Vice-Chancellor of the Medical (Health) University
- Chairman of the Regional Committee of AICTE-(SRC)
- Chairman of the Recruitment Board of RAC for DRDO Laboratories, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India
- Chairman of NAAC/UGC Peer Team
- Honorary Colonel Commandant, NCC, Ministry of Defense, Govt of India.
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL AWARDS:
- Eminent Pharmacist Award of Indian Pharmaceutical Association.
- Five national awards given in Indian Pharmaceutical Congress.
- Guided 17 students for Ph.D Programme and 40 students for PG in Pharmacy.
- Authored Six Books in Pharmacognosy /Pharmacy.
- Published about 115 research papers in National and International Journals.
- Chaired 50 Scientific sessions at International Conferences & national Meetings.
- Visited over Thirty Countries for Academic collaborations and Conferences.