Report of Awareness Rally Program on eve of
World Consumers Rights Day
On the eve of World Consumers Rights Day K.L.E.U’s Institute of Nursing Sciences Belagavi Department of Mental Health Nursing had organized a rally on Consumers Rights and created awareness regarding the rights of the consumers at Ranakunde Village on 14-03-2017. During the rally students raised slogans with banners in their hands underlining the importance of the drive and distributed the pamphlets regarding the consumer’s rights. Around 400 villagers were benefited by the rally.
Around 50 students along with faculty of Department of Mental Health Nursing were present on the occasion.
Guest Lecture on Personality Disorders conducted on 25th Oct 2016
Dept of Mental Health Nursing Organized Guest Lecture on Psychoimmunology.Mr.Prbhuswami Herimath Lecturer from KIMSU Karad delivered the expert lecture on 20th October 2016
The department of mental health nursing aims to prepare nurses to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services to the mentally ill patients.
Mental health nursing is a profession, possessing its unique history, ideology, knowledge and skills. It provides services to individuals whose primary health needs are related to mental, emotional and developmental problems, especially serious disorders and persistent disabilities.
Psychiatric nursing is a specialized area of nursing practice, employing the wide range of explanatory theories of human behavior as its science and purposeful use of self as its art. It is committed to the maintenance, promotion and restoration of optimal mental health for individuals, families, community groups and society through the use of therapeutic relationships and interventions.
The department of Mental health nursing is enthusiastic to provide quality education to students in graduation and post graduation level, under the supervision of excellent faculty. The department has promised to facilitate both professional and personal growth in the students and the faculty by encouraging and supporting their participation in continuing educational activities.
Aim and Objectives
Aim :To create a center of excellence in Mental health nursing.
- For Undergraduate Course
- To inculcate thirst for learning so that students develop in-depth knowledge.
- To describe the concept of normal and abnormal behavior.
- To inculcate sense of responsibility and accountability and put in hard and sincere work to excel.
- To describe the management of various mental disorders.
- For Postgraduate Course
- Guide a postgraduate to develop capabilities to learn, diagnose and take up research work.
- To explain the dynamics of personality development and human behavior.
- To apply the nursing process approach in caring for the patients with mental disorder.
- To incorporate evidence based nursing practice and identify the areas of research in the field of psychiatric nursing.
Students are posted to Dharwad Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (DIMHANS) and National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore.