The Institution has constituted the Anti-Ragging Committee according to the UGC regulations in the institution. The following instructions are framed to prevent the menace of ragging and foster healthy interpersonal relations among students in the campus. Ragging is strictly forbidden in or outside the college campus. All students shall familiarize themselves with rules/regulations/guidelines on code of conduct, anti-ragging measures and discipline in the institution. All ‘new comers’ should attend orientation program organized for them from time to time by the institution.
- To aware the students of dehumanizing effect of ragging inherent in its perversity.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To promptly and stringently deal with the incidents of ragging brought to our notice.
Functions of Committee
Institution, on admission or enrolment or registration of students, takes the following steps, namely:
- The information has the fresher about their rights as bonafide students of the institution and clearly instructing them that they should desist from doing anything, with or against their will, even if ordered to by the seniors students, and that any attempt of ragging shall be promptly reported to the Anti-ragging Squad or to the Warden or to the Head of the institution, as the case may be.
- The institution, on the arrival of students after the first week or after the second week, schedules orientation programmers as follows, namely; (i) joint sensitization programmed and counseling of both fresher and senior students by showing anti-ragging video provided by UGC, (ii) Orientation program of fresher to be addressed by the Head of the institution and the anti-ragging committee; (iii) organization on a large scale of cultural, sports and other activities to provide a platform for the fresher and seniors to interact in the presence of faculty members ;(iv)in the hostel, the warden addresses all students;.
- Fresher or any other student(s), whether being victims, or witnesses, in any incident of ragging, are encouraged to report such occurrence, and the identity of such informants are protected and shall not be subject to any adverse consequence only for the reason for having reported such incidents.
- Fresher are lodged, as far as possible, in a separate hostel block, and where such facilities are not available, the institution ensures that access of seniors to accommodation allotted to fresher is strictly monitored by wardens and other staff of the institution.A round the clock vigil against ragging in the hostel premises, in order to prevent ragging in the hostels after the classes are over, is ensured by the institution.
- Every student studying in the institution and his/her parents/guardians should provide the specific affidavits of these Regulations at the time of admission or registration, as the case may be, during each academic year.Institution obtains the affidavit from every student and maintain a proper record of the same and to ensure its safe upkeep thereof, including maintaining the copies of the affidavit in an electronic form, to be accessed easily when required either by the Commission or any of the Councils or by the institution or by the affiliating University or by any other person or organization authorized to do so.